Vicki helps turn an overwhelmed single mother’s backyard disaster into a play area for her two young children. This makeover includes maintenance-free turf grass and fencing plus a swing set and an organic children’s garden.
- Getting Started-Tiffani is a single mom with a wasteland for a backyard. She has tried for the past couple years to grow grass and make a proper play area for her children but has had no luck. She desperately wants a place for her children to feel safe and her young son Chase to be able to explore his love for horticulture.
- Fence-Vicki and Jon Osborne, Allison Sunbelt Fence Company, discuss the process of installing our wonderful, made from recycled materials fence donated to the makeover from Trex.
- Lawn-Our homeowner Tiffani has a grass allergy so we had to come up with a perfect no fuss solution for her backyard. Another awesome recycled material was used for the artificial lawn which was provided by Forever Lawn. David Trotter and Vicki discussed the different options and advantages when going faux.
- Swing Set- Our friend George Ashley from Carolina Backyard Adventures picked out the perfect swing set for this family.
- Court Tiles– Versacourt was kind enough to donate these easy to install play tiles. Vicki helped install them right over the concrete to make it a more suitable area for Tiffani’s children to play, not to mention they are simple to clean.
- Garden- Billy Styles, of Organic Plant Health, and Vicki team up to give Chase the organic garden of his dreams.
- Gardening Tips– Vicki shows us a simple and fast way to plant your flowers in containers.
- Finishing Touches– Vicki and Tiffani layout beautiful outdoor furniture set from Whitecraft to finishing out her new and improved backyard.
Special thanks to Barnhardt Landscaping to putting in the labor to make this fantasy backyard a reality!