If you are one of those crafters who always want to create something unique and interesting for the home, than you have come to the right place. Here you can find a lot creative and inspirational ideas that you can use in your own home to create fascinating DIY projects.
For the following DIY projects you don’t need to have some special equipment and tools. You can use that tools that you already have in your home. All of these DIY projects are so simple and easy to make, and they will not cost you a lot.
Thanksgiving is only three days away and if you’re like me, decorating hasn’t even entered your mind until today. Who really has the time with all that cooking? Luckily I was able to find a pretty creative DIY post on Brit.co to help me get my home ready for the holiday.
View the full post here: 15 Totally Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Decorations
Don’t fight what you can’t change. If it’s a permanent part of the house embrace it, disguise it or repurpose it! Focus on the areas that will get the most use during the holidays like your living room, dining room and kitchen.
1. Flooring is the foundation for your décor. If your carpet has seen better days, take a peak underneath. Check out your options. Almost any smooth surface can be refinished or painted to give you a fresh, clean base. Paint it with a medium neutral color and top it off with a colorful new rug. I love this geometric rug at Perfect4YourHome.
2. Every room can always use a pop of color. New decorative pillows and a matching throw have to be the most affordable way to give any room a fresh and exciting look. Today’s pillows are all about design and color. I adore these pillows. Choose a knobby, woven throw that blends great with your pillows and add texture to your decor.
3. Extra seating is always needed during the holidays. I love the new poufs. They come in a variety of colors and various materials so they can easily fit into any décor and keep you on budget.
4. Live glamorously! Glamour is not about money, it’s more about editing and selecting pieces that portray style. Brighten you fireplace mantel, table settings or sofa tables with elegant glass hurricanes. I’m sure you’ll find the ones that are just perfect 4 your home.
5. Holiday drinks always taste better when served from a well appointed bar. You can set up a great bar on a cart or table top. Start with a great tray to keep things organized, add a silver ice bucket and arrange an interesting display of wine glasses and pretty decanters.
Cheers to a great looking home for the holidays!